Tuesday, 13 September 2011

more hard work!!!

Bonjour,
We are getting very excited about our Celebration Day on Friday(with a gourmet breakfast to start the day for room 10/11)  and our Cultural Day next Wednesday.
Hopefully you received the note asking children to wear blue, white and red (stripes would be great) and berets.
We would love parents to come and see what we have come up with on Cultural Day Wed 21st from 11.10am in the morning and 1.40pm for folk dancing in the afternoon.
Here is some of our ongoing learning. We e.mailed off more of our work to Classic Hits today.









Snippets of France stories

Jamie’s Tour de France

This year I'm going to get my special clothes for the Tour de France. I am so excited because I'm in it!
The Tour de France is a race but not a normal race! I have to ride 350km per hour so I am training with my new clothes on my road bike.
My road bike is red, white and blue and my spare bike is blue yellow and orange. I have to ride up steep hills with 100's of cyclists.

hannah

This year I’m doing the Tour de France. That means a huge race where you can only ride  bikes.

I will be training for half a year. My support team will be MY FAMILY! That is Mum, Dad, Alex, Maddison, Ella Zach and my stepday Clayton.

Oh and I have a special t-shirt, shorts and gloves.

Ooops I should be training.

That means go around the blocks twenty times and all the way to the top of NZ and back to the middle.

Boy it’s tiring. I’m very excited about  it because it is next weekend and I will be on the plane to France tonight.

Part 2.

I’m on the plane now and it takes 24 hours to get to France. The first year the tour de france was around was 100 years ago. There is lots of mountains called hairpins because the corners look like hair pins. I will be  going through narrow streets.

Troy

Today it’s the tour de france. It is going to be a big day because I need it’s the biggest cycle race in the world. My Mum, Dad and sister and uncles are my support crew. I am going to have to buy a helmet and gloves. The race is 3500 km long. We are almost ready. We sorted out the food and we are ready.

5,4,3,2,1, go. I was coming first but then Lance Armstrong passed me….




No comments:

Post a Comment